What are the benefits of seeing a holistic dentist near me in Greenville, SC?
Searching for a dentist near me comes with the weight of finding someone you trust and with whom you are comfortable. Your dental team helps maintain your oral and overall health. Greenville, SC residents searching for a holistic dentist have turned to Dr. Palmer, Dr. Knause and the team at Palmer Distinctive Dentistry.
Holistic dentistry defined
Also called alternative, biological, or biocompatible dentistry, holistic dentistry focuses on treating the whole patient rather than just the mouth. This approach uses non-toxic materials, avoids heavy metals such as mercury, and understands how toxins and infections may affect the patient’s health.
Although these ideas are not new, holistic dentistry is gaining in popularity as individuals want to experience a more integrated health approach. Some of the practices that are followed in holistic dentistry include:
- Avoiding the use of mercury includes using composite fillings rather than amalgam and following the safe mercury removal guidelines
- Carefully considering the materials and procedures used to avoid the negative impact of heavy metals or toxic materials
- Using an integrated approach to patient care
- Educating patients on proper oral health and healthy lifestyles
Beneficial to all patients
With the special consideration placed on materials and techniques used, patient health is a priority. Benefits of seeing our holistic dental practice include the following:
- Rather than amalgam fillings that contain mercury and give the tooth a grayish color, composite or tooth-colored fillings are used to restore decayed teeth. Less of the healthy tooth is removed during the restoration process and the end result is a natural-looking tooth.
- Dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays are metal-free. They restore broken, chipped, or decayed teeth and appear natural.
- The focus on preventing and treating dental disease helps maintain dental and overall patient health.
- Palmer and Dr. Knause are accredited members with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT).
Your health is our priority. Contact Palmer Distinctive Dentistry for an appointment today. (864) 332-4113