Greenville, SC residents discover porcelain veneers with a cosmetic dentist in my area
With only seven seconds to make a good first impression, having a beautiful smile increases your chances of a positive interaction. Our lifestyle choices, trauma, illness, and age can damage our smiles. When that happens, you may search for a cosmetic dentist in my area. Located in Greenville, SC, Dr. John Palmer of Palmer Distinctive Dentistry offers porcelain veneers to enhance the appearance of your teeth giving you a beautiful, even smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
As ultra thin shells of porcelain, veneers are applied to the front of teeth. They are used to transform the appearance of the teeth. Veneers may be a treatment option for discolored, chipped, gapped, or misaligned teeth.
Benefits of veneers
Because of their various uses in transforming the smile, veneers have benefits as a cosmetic treatment.
- Thin– The veneer shells are approximately the thickness of a fingernail, about 1mm. Once the teeth have been prepared, the veneers blend seamlessly with the tooth and appear natural.
- Color-matched– The shell is color matched to the adjacent teeth or for smile makeovers, the color is selected for the desired result.
- Smile makeover– Veneers may be used to alter a single tooth or to makeover the smile.
- Durable– Porcelain is the optimal choice for veneers. Porcelain is durable, long-lasting, and looks natural.
- Customized– Created by a lab based on your dental impressions and specifications, the end result is a natural-looking smile.
Enhance your smile with veneers
During a consultation, Dr. Palmer will determine if veneers are the best treatment for you. The teeth must be prepared by removing a small amount of enamel the same thickness as the veneer. Impressions of the teeth are taken and notes are made regarding the color, size, and shape of the teeth. A lab creates your custom veneers using the information. Once the veneers are ready, they are cemented into place beautifully transforming your smile.
Dr. Palmer offers cosmetic treatments including teeth whitening, dental restorations, implants, and veneers. If you want to improve your smile, contact Dr. Palmer to discover which treatment is appropriate for you. Contact our office today. (864) 879-6494
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page