Five star review from Google Palmer distinctive dentistry was the best experience I've ever had at a dentist. They treat you with respect and everyone is very courteous. Pricing is reasonable and the work I had done was quick and painless. Although the time the doctor spent explaining all the options was priceless.
Subscribe To our Mailing List
Gentle dental extractions using L-PRF therapy to improve healing and recovery
Reasons why tooth removal might be recommendedWhile there are many biocompatible treatment options to preserve your natural teeth, tooth extraction may be necessary in certain circumstances such as:
- Extensive decay that has compromised the integrity of the tooth.
- Wisdom teeth causing overcrowding in the mouth.
- Traumatic injury that has severely damaged a tooth.
- Gum disease that has progressed to the ligaments and bone.
- Infection deep within a tooth.
Accelerating the healing process with L-PRF and ozone therapyAs a holistic dental practice, we believe in taking extra steps to ensure that our guests have a comfortable experience while promoting optimal recovery. Most tooth extractions can be performed with local anesthetic, keeping you pain-free during the short procedure. Additionally, Dr. Palmer uses two therapies to improve your post-treatment healing and recovery: L-PRF and ozone therapy.
- L-PRF (Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin): This all-natural therapy uses a small blood sample (similar to what you’d have drawn at your annual physical exam) to create a “bioactive band-aid.” Using a centrifuge machine, we rapidly spin your blood sample to create a bioactive clot that contains white blood cells and platelets, which are a concentrated source of healing and growth factors. Placing L-PRF at the extraction site enables your body to produce a scaffold for healing, releasing powerful healing proteins for faster recovery and reducing the chance of dry socket.
- Ozone therapy: This treatment harnesses the power of ozone, a molecule composed of three oxygen atoms that naturally exist in a gas form but can also be used in a water or oil formulation. Ozone therapy has powerful antibacterial properties, promotes healthy circulation, and reduces inflammation.
Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin
Palmer Distinctive Dentistry
At Palmer Distinctive Dentistry, we believe that oral health and overall wellness are linked. This is our focus when attending to our guests’ dental needs. Giving beautiful, healthy smiles to the residents of Greenville, SC is our goal.
Heading our team is Founder Dr. John J. Palmer, a Medical University of South Carolina School of Dentistry graduate. A dedicated holistic dentist and pioneer in advanced dentistry, he incorporates the latest technologies and IAOMT-certified methods and stays abreast of modern developments in biological dentistry.
Dr. Debra G. Adams received her Bachelor of Science from Huntingdon College in Montgomery, AL, and worked as a dental assistant, before graduating from dental school at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Dr Adams is SMART certified through the IAOMT and is dedicated to giving our guests the best treatment possible.
Dr. Ashley Hurley has been in private practice since 2020 and is thrilled to join our Palmer Distinctive Dentistry holistic dental office as a Dental Associate! Dr. Hurley earned her undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University (2012-2015), a certificate from the LECOM post-baccalaureate program, and her Doctorate in Dental Medicine from Roseman University College of Dental Medicine in 2020. Dr. Hurley has worked on multiple scientific projects. She has also volunteered in various ways for communal service over the years. She is excited to positively affect the Upstate community by serving you while assuring your trust is always in good hands.