Restoring a healthy and beautiful smile with CEREC technology
As a compassionate holistic dentistry, it is our standard practice to provide restorative care in as conservative a manner as possible. In many instances, we find that damage can be adequately remedied with porcelain onlays or inlays rather than dental crowns. Using CEREC technology at Palmer Distinctive Dentistry, we are able to help guests restore health and beauty to their smiles with same-day treatments and innovative techniques.
Our approach to crowns and bridges in Greenville is to save as much of the natural tooth structure as is possible utilizing our state-of-the-art methods. Since 1985, CEREC has proven itself greatly beneficial, saving guests’ valuable time and creating naturally functional restorations that can last for several years. Specifically, CEREC stands for CEramic REConstruction, but it could stand for:
- Chairside – All restorations fabricated using this technology is completed right in our office, in just a few minutes time. There is no need for multiple fittings or return visits.
- Economical – Both dentist and guest benefit from this cost-effective treatment option.
- Restorations – Whether used to create full crowns, inlays or onlays, CEREC technology produces superbly fitting restorations that will hold up to the pressure of chewing for years.
- Esthetic – Restorations made using CEREC technology closely resemble the appearance of natural teeth, creating a seamless transition from one to another.
- Ceramic – The porcelain used in the creation of crowns and bridges in Greenville using CEREC facilitates a long-lasting restoration that is both beautiful and fully functional.
While one purpose of tooth-colored restorations is to bring the guest back to an esthetically pleasing smile, another benefit of the materials used in CEREC technology is a physical similarity to natural teeth. In metal-based traditional restorations, a high degree of expansion and contraction takes place as temperature changes occur. Because the materials used in our dental crowns and bridges in Greenville do not expand and contract to a high degree, your inlay, onlay, or crown will operate in the same way as natural teeth. The benefit of this characteristic is that all foods, both hot and cold, can be consumed without concern over the effect on your restoration.
We utilize CEREC chair-side technology at Palmer Distinctive Dentistry to repair solitary teeth or several teeth in a single visit. Both your time and your smile are of the utmost importance. To achieve your healthiest smile, contact us for preventative or restorative care.