Ten reasons Invisalign is a popular and effective orthodontic treatment in Greenville, SC
Are you looking for straighter teeth but don’t want to deal with several years of traditional metal braces? Invisalign from Dr. Palmer’s office in Greenville, SC is a great alternative to metal and wire brackets. Invisalign treatments utilize a series of clear aligner trays to reposition teeth gently and gradually into the correct position. The look and feel of Invisalign allows patients to achieve a straighter smile without others knowing.
Dr. Palmer believes the convenience and invisibility of Invisalign makes it a great option for many of our patients seeking a straighter smile, but it also has several other advantages, as well.
- There are no food restrictions. The clear aligner trays are removable; allowing you to take them off while you eat. Traditional braces require you to stop eating some of your favorite foods like popcorn, nuts, and candies. Just make sure to thoroughly clean teeth before placing the aligners back on.
- Improved oral hygiene. Straighter teeth are easier to brush and floss properly improving your oral health.
- Improved bite. Properly aligned teeth allow you to chew food easily and pain-free. This also allows you to chew food more efficiently and digest more nutrients; helping to improve your overall health.
- Less dental visits. Patients only have to come in for appointments every six weeks.
- No metal. With traditional braces, the metal brackets and wires must be tightened which can be uncomfortable or even painful. Invisalign clear trays are made of a comfortable BPA-free plastic and are only switched out every two weeks.
- Customized tooth straightening. Your liners are specifically designed for your mouth ensuring all of your teeth are moved into proper positioning.
- Relief from TMD symptoms. Properly aligned teeth lead to a healthy jaw joints and can reduce discomfort from tooth grinding or TMD.
- Less tooth damage. Traditional braces often leave patients with demineralization and tooth decay because of difficulty with oral hygiene. Invisalign technology is removable, allowing for teeth to be properly brushed and flossed daily.
- Shorter treatment time. In most cases, the treatment time with Invisalign is shorter than traditional braces.
- Improved overall health. Misaligned teeth can be difficult to clean which can increase risk for decay and disease, both of which can lead to other health issues within the body.
The benefits of Invisalign at Palmer Distinctive Dentistry are clear. To find out more, call today to set up your initial consultation with Dr. Palmer.